Saturday, December 6, 2008

The R Word

We’ve been dancing around the R word for quite some time. Finally this week, our president and financial experts admitted that we are in the midst of a recession. Well, just because the country is experiencing financial challenges doesn’t mean we have to plummet into fear. I am currently unemployed, yet I still feel abundant.

I prefer, instead, to focus my attention on another R word…Riches.

I am rich with friends who love me and support me in my spiritual journey. I am rich with time to spend in any way I choose. I am rich with creativity that I can share here in this blog, in my book, or any other way Spirit might direct. I am rich with good health. I am rich with love for my cats, my friends, my neighbors, my relatives, as well as those I have yet to befriend.

I have a wonderful place to live that is decorated just the way I like. I put up my Christmas tree yesterday with my niece Antoinette’s help, and I am thoroughly enjoying this holiday season. My cupboards are filled with wonderful food, and my car is filled with gas, and I have money in my bank account. Even without these things, I would choose to feel rich.

During these “difficult” financial times we can choose to focus on what we have, rather than what the world perceives that we don’t have. If we are experiencing issues with money…we can spend some time appreciating how rich we truly are right now. If money is what we want…we can know that we live in an abundant universe and whatever we need is coming to us.

Which R word are you choosing? Here is a wonderful song and video that might help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8b2_1It_4k

No comments: