Friday, January 8, 2010

Ramblings

Well it’s been awhile since I posted here….life has gotten a bit busier for me. I am helping out a church about 2 ¼ miles from where I live. They are a wonderful group of folks and I’m happy to help, but it does keep me busy.

I have still found time to see lots of movies though. Not much would keep me away from the cinema! This time of year all the great movies come out…many are vying for Academy Awards. I’ve seen Precious, Nine, It’s Complicated, Sherlock Holmes, Everybody’s Fine, Up in the Air, 2012, Avatar, Brothers, The Blind Side, The Princess and the Frog, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, Invictus, and I’m sure a bunch more. I like all of them, but Avatar was by far the best…awesome!

I also watch movies on Netflix and last night watched Louise L. Hay: You Can Heal Your Life: The Movie. It was a great film…done in the style of What the Bleep…with some drama and a number of interviews by such people as Wayne Dyer, Gregg Braden, Esther Hicks and many more. It speaks about ‘changing your life through changing your thinking’ and was a wonderful refresher. One of my favorite quotes from the movie was, "Anything you complain about repetitively is something you have an unconscious intention to reproduce." Wow! That’s pretty powerful stuff! It heightened my resolve to watch what I say and be careful not to complain.

I am looking forward to a new year and a new decade. The past year has been an interesting year of waiting and waiting and I can feel things are ready to break forth. I am ready!

1 comment:

Cindy B. Wright said...

I just reread this...what I meant to say was 2 1/4 HOURS from home.