Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Neverending Story

I truly believe that life is a never ending story. I just wish it didn’t feel like it sometimes. We are an evolving process and we keep learning lessons and hopefully we keep evolving. We are never finished. Even when we lay these bodies down, we are not finished. Who we are didn’t start with these human bodies and it doesn’t end when we transcend these bodies. It is comforting to know that life continues and doesn’t end. However… there are times when an ending might be just what one needs.

I have been unemployed since August and looking for work for quite a few months before that. It is Thanksgiving, and I still feel no closer to finding a job or to knowing my future. I have been hanging out in “the void” since February. It is not a very comfortable place to spend time. It feels like a never ending story. It feels like a story that is dragging on and on and on with no end in sight.

The interesting thing is that I’m not panicked. I know somewhere deep inside of me that everything will be fine. Well, maybe I have moments of panicking. There is that other “small” part of me that wants to worry and fret that my unemployment will run out before I find a job, but the “Higher” part of me trusts that all will unfold in perfect Divine Order and Divine Timing.

Maybe there is some shift that needs to happen inside of me before I can find that job. Maybe I need to let go of my attachment to my past and even to my present. While I am waiting for this new chapter in my life’s story, perhaps there is yet some completion to be done to this present one before I can close it and continue the story elsewhere. I am open, I am willing. Just show me what needs to be done. In the meantime, I keep turning a new page everyday and watching and waiting for the story to unfold. Even after this “job” chapter gets revolved….the story will continue and continue and continue…

1 comment:

Peggy Treiber & Jeremy Hess said...

I like your blog's name. I think it's great. I don't like the color. Hard on my eyes, but others might ... And I truly appreciated what you wrote. Hugs and love ...